28 April 2023

Come to me

Words and music by Richard Homer

4/4, 135 bpm Intro Am GI7 Am /G GI7 G /FGC


Am GI7 Am 

A morning when I / awoke at / two

G GI7 G

the moon up high / glowing / bright

F C high

the question once / again I ask

G GI7 G

why things just didn’t / work out / right

F G C high

why things / just didn’t / work out right 

FC, GC, FGC


The airport where we / kissed / goodbye

that time now seems so / far from / here

now nothing but / monotony

the aching of low / grinding / gear 

the aching / of low / grinding / gear


Here now nothing / to / inspire

I think again of where / we might / be

a walk, a swim, a / loving night

if you had not gone / away from / me

if you had not / gone / away from / me


Now hurt kicks in, tears / coming / by

with a bitter / winter / bite

in the empty / room I try

to brush away my / thoughts / tonight

to brush / away my / thoughts tonight


On the bed, window / open / now

emptiness is // everywhere

your colour blanket / close to me

a memory of when you / used to / care

a memory of / when you / used to care


C F G C

Come to me / again; yeah, / I want / you 

C F G C

to care for me / in the / way I once / knew

G C G C

being with / me / throughout the / night

G GI7 G / G G17 G G17 C

before you went / away from / me

C F G C

before you / went / away from / me