09 November 2021

Are you coming back to me?

2 March 2010

Words and music by Richard Homer


4/4 93 bpm Intro Am B Am B / C B C B / Am Em Am Em


Am B

ocean glowing / twilight fire

Am B

pizzicato / insect choir

C B

hissing beach, / rocking air

C B

thin pine needle / perfume hair

B Am / Am Em

perfume / hair, / perfume / hair B Am Am E


air crescendo, / ocean glint

arpeggio of / twilight tint 

a string quartet / memory

resonating / back to me 

back to / me, back to / me


breeze now picking / up a gear

beach tree wait in / groaning fear

a throbbing fishing boat / going by

seagull gliding, / flying up high

flying up / high / flying up / high 


B C

the breakers / roar, / again, / again, / again, / again, / again 

the rumba / rhythm of the / rain, the / rain, the / rain, the / rain, the / rain

C G

going / on, / going / on, / going / on, / going / on


B Am

Are you coming / back to me

or must I wait alone / here?

B C 

I think back to the / time

when you were / near

C G 

were / near, / were / near, / were / near, / were / near


Ending

B Em B Em Am B, B C, C Em high

Are / you / coming / back / to / me, to / me