01 November 2021

Irama hujan

11 June 2010 


Words and music by Richard Homer


3/4 130 bpm Intro E2 A, E2 A, E2 B E3 


EAEA, BAE

rhythm / of the / rain / coming through / the / tree

EAEA, BAE

bringing a / long-lost / peace, / a / memory of you / back to / me 

A2BE high 3, A2B E2 A, E2 A, E2 B E3

ooh


the sky / clouding / through / as / if it wants / to / cry

to unleash the burden / of the / rain / the / wind now / gusting / by


I wait,  watching /  it / come, / the / flower, / leaf / bow

to the noise / of the / wind, the / rain / coming with / power / now


the rain comes on, / gusting / through / the / thick and bursting / onshore / air

no birdsong to // enjoy right / now, the / garden / wet, // empty, / bare


AB, AE

come again, come // again, the / rhythm of the / tree 

AB, AE

I want the percussion of the / rain to wash your // memory / out of / me 

E2 A, E2 A, E2 B E3


EBEB, ABE high

rhythm / of the // rain, / rhythm / of the / rain

AEBE

you come to me again to / bring a picture of a / half-forgotten wedding / ring

AEBE

a Swansea morning, bright and / clear, now / coming back to me / here

BE

when you and I were / near

EBEB, ABE high

rhythm / of the // rain, / rhythm / of the / rain

AEBE

irama // hujan // membawa // impian

ABE high, BAE

ooh 


I hear you singing in the percussion of the rain

the water on the tree