01 November 2021

Kuning Café

Words and music by Richard Homer

4/4 111 bpm Intro Em Am 44 three B high Am Em B Em


Em Am

Kuning Café, with the / yellow dogs there

Em Am

hanging about in the / warm night air

B Am

a place where I once / used to go

Em Am Em B Em

but / now, / oh no, / no way, / no Am Em B Em


It became too rough, I / want to be

in a quiet place, with a / quiet cup of tea

no noise, except the / chessboard click

where / I can let / time go by, / hear the clock / tick


That’s why, in a half-lit rear room, I / take my time

watching the garden birds, the / bamboo high climb

enjoying a pot of / Oolong tea

the breeze, the / keyboard, the / poetry / chatting with / me


high B Em

Membranophone mayhem / in my brain

thinking of this, of / that again

Am Em

thinking, too, of a / woman’s touch

Am Em

but maybe, oh maybe, I / think too much

Am Em B Em

but maybe, oh / maybe, I / think too / much

B high Am Em B Em

Kuning / Café / isn’t the / place for / me

B high Am Em B Em


Am Em

Go away, go away, go // away, go away,

Am Em

go away, get out of the / Kuning Café

Am Em

rough place now, the / Kuning Café

Am Em

oh, oh

B high Am Em

many years back, I used to / hang out / here

B high Am Em

enjoying a quiet / pre-night / beer

Am Em B Em

but now, I’m / out of the / Kuning / Café

Am Em B Em

oh yeah, oh yeah