01 November 2021

Rain in the afternoon

Words and music by Richard Homer

4/4, 3/4, 111 bpm 

Intro 4/4 CG, CG, 3/4 FCGC, FCGC 4/4 


CG 

rain coming / here to me 

FCG 

coming from the beach, / coming through the / tree 

CG 

the lightning, the thunder / break the air

FCGC 

just like / you they / appear not to / care 


3/4 FCGC, FCGC 

oh, / oh, / oh, / oh FCGC 


I think back to the / time with you 

the memory of a / golden / hue 

I’m on my bed, leg / up on knee 

thinking of / you, and / when you were with / me 

oh, / oh, / oh, / oh 


the rain comes on / harder now 

the leaf, the flower, / tree / kow-tow

I’m on the bed, / thinking again; 

out there / I hear  the / tears of the / rain

oh, / oh, / oh, / oh 


Extra 

Am F 

where are you now? I / want you again 

CGC

come back to me girl, come / to me in the / rain 

FCGC, FCGC 


Ch 

GFC 

I’m too much on my own, / thinking again of / you 

GFC 

thinking again of the / woman I thought I / knew; 

CFGC 

rain, / rain, bring my / woman back to / me; 

CFCGC 

rain, / rain, bring my / woman / back to / me 


3/4 FCGC, FCGC oh, / oh, / oh, / oh FCGC 


time to go back / to the rear 

to get another / cold tin of / beer 

thinking once again / in the night 

why things / just didn’t / work out / right 

oh, / oh, / oh, / oh 


where are you now? I want you again 

come back to me come / to me in the / rain 


the thunder, the lightning, the / fading air 

night comes along in / embracing / care

I think again to / what went wrong; 

the rain now / stopping, like my / woman, now / gone 

oh, / oh, / oh, / oh