17 October 2021

Permaisuri

Words and music by Richard Homer 


 4/4 93 bpm Intro EAE, EAE, ABE, ABE, AEBE 


 EAE 

the Talgarth bluff in a / gusting / May 

EAE 

the eagle going from / Brecon to / Hay 

ABE 

winging your way / in high / gear 

ABE 

winging your way / to me / here

AEB, EABE, AE 

// going // away, //// Permaisuri 


a quiet Boughrood / morning / where 

a lark rises in the / autumn / air 

the pine trees whispering as / if to / greet 

the grunting tractors / on their / beat

 // going // away, //// Permaisuri 


 on a Pembroke cliff of seagull, / puffin / cry 

watching the sea, the / rain go / by 

the storm-beaten / breakers / flay 

the rough rocks of a / windswept / bay

// going // away, //// Permaisuri 


the Ysgyryd Fach in the / brisk March / air 

honking ducks fly / up to / where

high cloud, / grey rain / race 

each wanting to / escape the / place

// going // away, //// Permaisuri 


the snow floating, / gentle, / clear 

a robin, enquiring, / coming / near 

the barren trees hint / they / know 

the Blorenge sunset / about to / go

 // going // away, //// Permaisuri  


GC 

on the craggy, bare / Ysgyryd Fawr 

F B flat where thick-clad sheep in / winter cower 

E flat C # 

you go up / high A flat sus4, A flat

BAE 

then come / back to / me

come / back to / me 


Ch 

AE, AE 

Permaisuri, / Permaisuri, / wing your way / back to me 

AEBE 

fly to / me / back in / time 

fly to / me / back in / time 

fly to / me / once / again 

fly to / me / once / again

B EABE, AEBE / AE

Permaisuri, / come / home to / me