13 October 2021

Impian malam

11 May 2010


Words and music by Richard Homer


4/4 93 bpm Intro Am


Am G 

the sun long gone, / I hold you near 

F E

the fan on number one, the / night is clear

Am G

you raise your knee / against my thigh

F E

your sarong now rising / high


gentle breathing / in the night air

your neck, arms, shoulder / bare

the night breeze in the / coconut tree

you here, asleep, half naked / next to me

Am GFE Am

Ooh


A F

Arm around you /  thinking just right 

CGC

we two together / through the tropical night ooh, AFCGC


we walk on the beach of a / Terengganu bay

where kite-flying kampung / boys and girls play

the kingfisher watching the sea / eagle up high

a carefree, indolent / time going by ooh


CGC

but then I awake to / find no one / there

CGC

no-one with me in the / new morning / air

Am G F E Am

why, oh / why, oh / why, oh / why, oh / why?


why you keep coming / back to me

in a confusing mental / geography

I think of you again, the / woman I once knew

a wandering colour / memory of you, ooh


Am F

kenapa aku mesti / setiap malam

CGC

bermimpi // perempuan? ooh


Then I wake, to / find I’m // alone

yet again, / here on my / own

why, oh / why, oh / why, oh / why, oh / why


Am F C G C 

kenapa aku mesti / setiap malam / bermimpi // perempuan?

Am G F E Am 

impian / malam / ooh

Am G F E Am

impian / malam, / go // away from / me 

Am G F E Am

go / go / go // away from / me

E Am

away from / me, / away from / me, / away from / me