12 October 2021

Way of the kite

Words and music by Richard Homer

4/4, 93 bpm Intro Em G C G, Em G C G Em 


Em G C G

I am thinking of your / warmth, your / care once / again 

Em G C G Em

what you mean to / me but / that I / think you / know;

Am B Am B 

up high the / fading wind, the / half-gone / rain

C B Am Em 

running from the / thunder on the / go 

Am Em Am Em Am Em Am Em

on the / go, oh, oh, oh / on the / go, oh, oh, oh, on the / go, oh, oh, oh 


here by the / lake, the breeze / blowing through my / hair

whispering to the / ancient fern, the / iron / age / tree

in an orange / sunset, a / hazy evening / air

increasing in an / intricate // harmony

// harmony, oh, oh, oh, // harmony oh, oh, oh, // harmony oh, oh, oh


C B Am Em

come to me, up / high, in the / way of the / night

C B Am Em high

come to me, up / high, in the / way of the / kite

C B Am B

coming from up / high, / plunging through the / air

C B Am Em G C G Em 

to the earth, / ripping / raw, rough and /// bare

Am B C Em

raw / rough, // bare


the rain ceasing / now / peace begins to / come 

the moon, the pine / aroma, / bringing / in the / night

a half-awake / enjoyment of a / million insect / hum

I am flying up / high in the / way of the / kite

way of / the / kite, way of / the / kite, way of / the / kite, way of / the / kite