08 October 2021

Walking in the winter air

May 2012


Words and music by Richard Homer


93 bpm Intro Em 4 Am 2 Em2


Em Am Em

Walking with you / in the winter / air

Em Am Em

the snow floating by / without a / care

Am Em

holding hands, watching a / tractor going by

B Am Em Am Em

we look each / other / in / the / eye B Em


Walking by the bank of the / Brecon Radnor / Wye

no one here on earth, / just you and / I

I thought that I would be yours, / you would be mine

but that // became / changed / by / time


No, not now, that was / many years / back

when you and I were on a / parallel / track

but like two hawks up high we / began to drift apart

now you had a / new man / in / your / heart


I keep going to the Bridge End for a / quiet, lonesome / beer

the flickering of the logs / bringing me some / cheer

the people in there are good, / they let me be

alone in a / half-empty, / misty / memory


Am Em

ten pm comes yet again, / now it’s time for me

Am Em

to go home in a semblance of a / half reality

Am Em

I think of you again, the places / where we used to go

B Am / Em Am Em / B Em

but where I am / now, I’m not sure / I / want to / know


I walk alone without you / in the winter air

the snow we once enjoyed / now no longer there

it went away just like the / love we both once knew

in the rhythm of the / Wye, I / hear you / crying / too