07 October 2021

A night when I pine (Abergavenny 2005)

Words and music by Richard Homer

4/4, 110 bpm Intro C F G C


C                                     F                              G             C

There is no noise, just / pen on paper, / oh, there is / quiet here

C                              F                                 G                    C

I think I am / half-awake but / the question is / where?

C                                 F            G               C

the fridge, without / warning, a / kicking mini / riot

C                                    G        F                    C G

the computer is off; the / printer / too, couldn’t / care


Ch


A                           G       F                     C

I think now of / you, / wherever you / are

A                           G               F                    C

the emotions that / tear, / knowing you were / mine

A                     G                        C                  G       

winging their / way through the / rough, open / air

C                     F                 G                C       C   C  G  G  F  F  C  C

tonight, on a / night,  a / night when I / pine, for //// you


tomato soup, / haemorrhaging / from the / tin    

a crisp baguette of / culinary / company / tonight

in the box, / herbes Provence / rest / therein

out in the /  garden, the / brisk winter / bite


I can think of / those, for / whom I need to / care

and in / ebbing / reflection I / try

to recall in / thought, in / effervescent / air

a sweaty / airport / sweet-kiss / goodbye


the new-wash / clothes hang in / weary / way  

the only / company / I have with me / here

your memory the / hunter / I am the / prey;

the window rain / joining / in with a / tear


the / stars of a / heart-break / night up / high 

a far away / audience of / empty / empathy

here the / gas fire / hissing / nearby

the one / warm thing / here with / me